Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

News about our 4x space strategy turn based game.
Merlex

Re: Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

Post by Merlex » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:59 am

VoodooDog wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:06 pm
although this game is dead, posting boring singleplayer games with star lanes has nothing to do here.
Not exactly accurate, from their website:

"Today Dominus Galaxia is quite customizable, and a number of major and core gameplay choices are presented as options.
Do you prefer star-lanes or would you rather play without them? No, don’t answer me, they might be listening. Holy wars have been fought over less.
You can set Dominus Galaxia to play in that single right way and no one will know. Or you may even want to experiment with different features to keep things fresh. In addition to the in-game options, there are a host of settings in the data files that you can play around with to radically alter your experience." … And he's working on a hot-seat multi-player version.

As for boring single player, I remember after playing D&D, Talisman, or BattleTech with the group, playing MoO2 all night on single player. I was immediately hooked, it's why I play pc games over console games.

This seems to be more of a sequel to MoO1 than to MoO2. And while MoO2 is a far superior game, I still had fun with MoO1. I HATE star-lanes, and won't play with them. They are in Beta now.
Gold Digital Preorder Supporter and Kickstarter 2 Supporter.

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Jeffbg » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:29 pm

While not boring; your post is off-topic as it does not address the status of MORE, consequently it should be posted in the other thread.

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 am

@Calavero:

I somehow doubt that you still have an eye on us, but looking that the last form of information is about 1 year old, I really want to know, is there anything new to report?

Grotesque

Post by Grotesque » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:48 pm

Yea!

We're all dying ... of curiosity out here!
We deserve one last answer! :)

JPTS
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by JPTS » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:09 am

I haven't checked this forum for a long time, but if there were any good news they would be welcome.

Meanwhile, I just found out about Interstellar: Space Genesis. Someone called it a MoO2 clone.

VoodooDog

Post by VoodooDog » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:31 am

it has no multiplayer and not moo2 like research. not wurf in my book.

Zuikaku

Post by Zuikaku » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:12 pm

Seems we have been ripped off.

Came here after disappointment with Elite dangerous where they did not deliver the product they advertised during development. But at least they did deliver something which is still better than nothing.

The silence of the devs here says everythig about the status of the project and their PR skills. Folks that jave supported them at least deserve some answers. That woul'd be fair and honorable gesture.

Bad experiences like this can harm future crowfunding campaigns.

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Jeffbg » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Were we ripped off; that's a judgement call each person has a right to decide for themselves. I contributed money on the good faith we would get a product; I honestly believe Marcin has made every effort to achieve this; sadly he has to this point failed. It should certainly be a cautionary note for anyone contributing to a crowd funded project. I also contributed to Star Citizen at almost the same time and I am still waiting for Squadron 42 to be released and they have raised almost $100 million. So two projects and nothing delivered; I could be bitter, but I am just moving on.

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:57 am

I'm sure the idea and vision behind M.O.R.E. and Star Citizen are both really great and ambitious...

and at the end that's why we are here. We wanted to support this ideas and naturally we want that one day we were a (little) part of the realizing of this visions.

And logically we "pay" for getting an final and delivered product.

But reality unfortunately don't warn us that there are risks of failing and not delivering.

Meanwhile I have more often experienced good standing and high founding productions fails without understanding the reasons and productions with little budget surprisingly took the finish line and delivers (sometimes more what could be expected).

To say it short, the game developing process is more complicated and profound and there are many many levels to fail on...

team based,
skill based,
financial based,
advertising based,
community based,
and so on

And there are always chances to fail in one or more of this levels. Often such things happens behind the scene...

What I want to say is, we lost and we will lost some of this battles. But we shall not lost our believing in ideas and visions. The time will come for them and needs believers, such we are.

MetalKid
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by MetalKid » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:52 pm

I think the issue is that they restarted from scratch a few times and then ran out of money for their developers. Most likely, all the money dried up again and now they probably can't really get any more funding - especially with Covid so this project dies. They should have just released what they had and then tried to get some DLC to get a bit more money to pay for "more". :)

I also found out about Interstellar Space Genesis yesterday. I played a game already. It rips off a lot from Moo2 (almost lawsuit level) and changes a few things. However, the game feels awkward. Moo2 is still a lot better except that you can research more items from the same level at x2, x3 original cost (so you can get everything) and they added strategic resources... But the ship design feels odd, diplomacy feels worse, less species, you are severely limited on how many buildings you can build on the planet, you give up production to build infrastructure (just to allow more buildings to be built with a max) and also population growth (really weird), and you do some weird remote exploration thing that just makes the game take longer [doesn't add anything except waiting for something longer].