Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

News about our 4x space strategy turn based game.
VoodooDog

Re: Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

Post by VoodooDog » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:44 pm

Jeffbg wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:33 pm
Were we ripped off; that's a judgement call each person has a right to decide for themselves. I contributed money on the good faith we would get a product; I honestly believe Marcin has made every effort to achieve this; sadly he has to this point failed. It should certainly be a cautionary note for anyone contributing to a crowd funded project. I also contributed to Star Citizen at almost the same time and I am still waiting for Squadron 42 to be released and they have raised almost $100 million. So two projects and nothing delivered; I could be bitter, but I am just moving on.
star citizen got almost 300 million by now and although your not able to play sq42 yet, to call it nothing and compare it to MORE is just not right, dont you agree?
MoD256 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:57 am

And logically we "pay" for getting an final and delivered product.

But reality unfortunately don't warn us that there are risks of failing and not delivering.
no you didnt "pay" to get a final product and yes, realitiy did warn you of the risks of backing a porject like this.
dont play the victim here, you had all the information a human beeing needs. the fact that you think you didnt, just lets you look stupid.
MetalKid wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:52 pm
I think the issue is that they restarted from scratch a few times and then ran out of money for their developers. Most likely, all the money dried up again and now they probably can't really get any more funding - especially with Covid so this project dies. They should have just released what they had and then tried to get some DLC to get a bit more money to pay for "more". :)
the issue was that they had zero understanding of project management and blew all their money for the wrong reasons.

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Jeffbg » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:58 pm

VoodooDog wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:44 pm
star citizen got almost 300 million by now and although your not able to play sq42 yet, to call it nothing and compare it to MORE is just not right, dont you agree?
To some extent you are correct, but like MORE I still don't have a product. As I watch Digital_Justice stream star citizen I see a product like MORE in the sense it is still growing and adding features without completing the product on hand. Even years into the project DJ was continually saying this feature doesn't work yet but it will in the finished version. MORE suffered a bit of the same as Marcin kept wanting to add features; while many of us asked him to wait for a DLC and finish the base game. It's a matter of degree of course as MORE is a miniscule project by comparison.

To be frank, this project is now so old what would have been great then may not even interest many gamers today. I have been playing XCOM 2 extensively lately, and though the game play is not the same, the graphics and cinematics are such that MORE if it is ever release will have to start almost from scratch to keep up with the current game design improvements.

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:14 pm

VoodooDog wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:44 pm
no you didnt "pay" to get a final product and yes, realitiy did warn you of the risks of backing a porject like this.
dont play the victim here, you had all the information a human beeing needs. the fact that you think you didnt, just lets you look stupid.
Certainly we could take an basic discussion about that and to make it short you are correct.

But things often don't are how they are looking. I mean knowing isn't knowing.

To have the informations and to experience the fail are different things and I'm sure almost everyone who backs something, think he buys something or think to get delivered something in the end.

And I find that understandable, because it is always structured like a shop, and at the end of "shopping" I never get an "Caution for eventually not delivering"

That wouldn't be reassuring, for the backers/buyers.

That's all what I wanted to say.

VoodooDog

Post by VoodooDog » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 am

How is this page even still alive? dosnt it mean he is still paying for it?
maybe 5 years in advance?

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:42 pm

Prebuying for up to 10 years shall be possible for an domain, so this could be the reason.

I don't want to speculate furthermore, whether the project is alive or not.

Also, it no longer matters as long as there are no official progress reports / signs of life.

In any case, I wish the creator of this project more luck in the rest of his life than with this development.

VoodooDog

Post by VoodooDog » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:18 pm

i dont ^^

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Jeffbg » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:20 pm

Not sure how long this forum will be here, but to the faithful and the not so faithful; Have a Great Holiday Season, and stay safe.

Grotesque

Post by Grotesque » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:53 pm

Jeffbg wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:20 pm
Not sure how long this forum will be here, but to the faithful and the not so faithful; Have a Great Holiday Season, and stay safe.
Happy new year.

2021 is the year when MORE gets out! :)

VoodooDog

Post by VoodooDog » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:05 am

these fools should give out the source code, so some competend and driven individual can actually finish it.

Grotesque

Post by Grotesque » Tue May 11, 2021 11:15 pm

Lord of RIgel dev is very butthurt that their noncommunication and lack of progress reminds fans of MORE.

:)