Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

News about our 4x space strategy turn based game.
spiderthunder

Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

Post by spiderthunder » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi There

iam a big fan of 4x gaming and was attentiv about 5-6 years ago i found M.O.R.E. on kickstarter ... i was extremly flashed from all the nice goals and features the devs wants to provide and fall in love with this project :-)

years gone and no release until now ... i was playing so much 4x space games but cant find any who fullfills my wishing game experience ...

some days ago i stumbled again over the M.O.R.E. project and some nice infos i found an the homepage ...

my question now what is the current developing status of M.O.R.E. ? and any further informations ? i mean kikstarter project was about 6 years ago und readmap in this old days pointed 2013 as release date ^^ :-)
what a bout the dev team ? are all guys from the past still working on M.O.R.E. ? and is there a approximate release date for full version ? is it about 1 year or about 3 years ?

would be nice to have some overview informations about this project ...

thanks for helping guys

VoodooDog

Re: Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

Post by VoodooDog » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:57 pm

project is dead.
the dev's where just some lying bitches who run of with the money.

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:22 am

VoodooDog wrote:project is dead.
the dev's where just some lying bitches who run of with the money.
So it seems. Since half a year there is no reaction from developer/admins about any questions.

Must be an "Sudden Death", because there was no time of informing/excusing about the end of project.

I guess it will be a question of time, that all webpages, forums and related servers are closed, from one day to another.

spiderthunder

Post by spiderthunder » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:20 pm

hmmm ... .. .

crazy shit ... what a pitty ...

when project is definitely dead this would be an amazing doom :-(

for a long long time iam looking for an ultimativ 4x sci fi space game - but cannt find any who are very deep and provides multiplayer for sure.
i know there are several games arent so bad but dont provides multiplayer :-(

Star Ruler 1 was very nice - beeing able to customize your ships with every substystem like you want and editing AI behaviors of this ship ... the endless research system and the incredible economy starting with production of only some "1.000"s of the materials up to "1.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000"s if you play long enough ... and beeing able to increase ship sizes unlimited making ships bigger than a star or starsystem or even the whole galaxie if you can pay the amazing cost of such a giant ship ^^

- does some one know even a similar game with deep customization like star ruler 1 what provides multiplayer too ? never found another game like this crazy customization ...

boolybooly
Hearty Supporter

Post by boolybooly » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:42 pm

The forum went down over the weekend, I thought that is the last I will see of my $90. :lol:

I would be really grateful if someone who knows could just tell me one thing, is M.O.R.E. still in production ?

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:00 pm

boolybooly wrote:The forum went down over the weekend, I thought that is the last I will see of my $90. :lol:

I would be really grateful if someone who knows could just tell me one thing, is M.O.R.E. still in production ?
An really interesting question.... I can't answer. On the one hand Calavero has always vowed to finish the development of game, no matter what. On the other side there are no life signs from the whole team, since half a year.

Since this time no one ever has heard an official statement about the end or the future of the game.

I've already considered whether they have been the victim of an accident. If that is not the case, I ask myself what can be so bad that you can not communicate it...

All kinds of financial problems could have been communicated and try to find a solution, I think.
In any case, I did not understand why you could not donate any more since the end of 2017. Money is money ... even the lack of access to our own donation profiles was conspicuous and never resolved. Now we are standing where we are. Totally unaware.

VoodooDog

Post by VoodooDog » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:18 pm

how is this an intersting question?
ofc its not in production any more
MoD256 wrote: If that is not the case, I ask myself what can be so bad that you can not communicate it...
shame
Last edited by VoodooDog on Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boolybooly
Hearty Supporter

Post by boolybooly » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:02 pm

Thx for fixing quote. :)

First they are probably under an NDA and second they are probably not wanting to prejudice negotiations or potential legal proceedings.

If the investor did not fulfill the contract then its probably a delicate situation. Maybe the next fiscal year could see a change in fortunes, maybe the IP will revert? Who knows? It aint over till its over.

SilasOfBorg
Hearty Supporter

Post by SilasOfBorg » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Well it looks like an ad bot found the forum despite it not being linked from anywhere. At this rate maybe the M.O.R.E. team (what is left of it anyway) can make a deal with the spammers and take a share of the supplement revenue. :lol:

Still checking back once in a while. Just because M.O.R.E. looks dead doesn't mean it is dead, but it sure smells that way.

Calavero
Site Admin

Post by Calavero » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 am

Hello Guys,

There is plenty of things to do, so I'll write shortly:

1. I'm sorry for this long absence. I'll try to answer all questions now, and I'll visit this forum more often.
2. You Guys are great - and you deserve a great 4x game. (VoodooDog - you too. We didn't run of with your money. If we plan to do so we would do it 6 years ago.)
3. You wrote many things which are correct. For example I can't write all the things right now. It's still a delicate situation.
4. The most important this is: Production of M.O.R.E. is frozen right now. We are looking for an investor. We've invested over $1.000.000 in this game. We still need $500.000 to finish it. $200 000 should be enough, to take it to early access, and finish it with publisher.
5. I won't be answering to any hate posts. I still have plenty of things to do, and yes - I still care and I still want to finish this game.
M.O.R.E. under construction