Digital Dragons 2019

A place, where our community can talk about everything.
Mork from Ork
Ideas & Texts Creator

Digital Dragons 2019

Post by Mork from Ork » Wed May 01, 2019 2:59 am

I noticed that Digital Dragons 2019 ( http://digitaldragons.pl/ ) will start on May 27th in Krakow. Is anyone on the Forum planning to go and let us know what you see and experience? Hoping that someone representing M.O.R.E. will go for networking benefits.

Going to be a good three weeks for gaming and tech news. First there is Digital Dragons. Then the next week Apple has their Worldwide Developers Conference. Then the second week in June has the E3 event in Los Angeles. Going the be a feast of tech and gaming news!

Does anyone know about any other gaming events coming up this year in Europe?
Last edited by Mork from Ork on Thu May 09, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mork from Ork
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: Digital Dragons 2019

Post by Mork from Ork » Wed May 01, 2019 3:14 am

I found this calendar of upcoming gaming events.
http://www.eventsforgamers.com

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:26 pm

I would also welcome the participation of M.O.R.E. in one of the 2019 events.

Unfortunately I have registered today that http://www.gamgoo.com is down, at least for me.

Mork from Ork
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Mork from Ork » Mon May 06, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi MoD256. The Gamgoo website is down for me also. Hopefully, some of the people who went there from Gamgoo will go this year for fun as individual gamers and can let us know what they see and hear. We can probably catch our fill from YouTube videos of the event. The next best thing to being there in person. :D

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Jeffbg » Sat May 11, 2019 12:43 am

I believe gamegoo was part of the old investor plan and is now dead to everyone.

Mork from Ork
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Mork from Ork » Sat May 11, 2019 5:37 pm

I have been reading through the Digital Dragons 2019 two-day agenda this morning and saw several sessions that I am going to look up on YouTube after the event and hope for English translation captions. There are 6 tracks: Game Design, Art in Games, Programming and Technology, Business and Production, Mobile, and Production Management. Being an artist, I am more drawn to the Game Design and Art in Games tracks. I want to hear Elizabeth Maler's session titled, Games that Change Lives: Social Impact Done Right; Roee Avramot's The Creative Process in Game Design session; Rafal Wojtunik's A Spirit in a machine: What art directing means to me; and Torkel Forner's The challenge of balancing PvE and PvP in the same game.

Also, Kristian Metzger is giving a session on May 28 at 13:30-14:15 where he talks about his successes in working on AAA games for other companies and the financial pitfall he fell into once he launched his own gaming studio before eventually turning things around. Through the speech he will talk about his journey through pitfalls and mistakes, solutions, and answers. Calavero, his experiences might yield some useful information and advice on how to overcome what your company is currently going through. Another developer's story of overcoming investment hardships might convey some useful ideas.