The galactic map can be generated using a variety of highly customisable settings, including: the type (elliptical, lenticular, irregular, spiral, spiral with a bar), size, thickness, age of the galaxy, and many others.In addition, the appearance of the galaxy - and thus strategy used in the game - is affected by many other configurable factors such as the presence and size of galactic black holes, wormhole settings, distance between star systems, and more...
The number of star systems varies from 50 star systems in a tiny galaxy, through 200 star systems in a medium galaxy, up to 800 star systems in a large galaxy. If you are hardcore fan of long games and have a powerful computer, we've also prepared huge galaxies with 1600 star systems! And a vast galaxy type with 3200 star systems!
Galaxy map contains elements such as:
- stellar systems consisting of single, double and triple stars!
- stars of different sizes (5 types) and color (9 types)
- 80 kinds of planets, divided into four main types: solid, tectonic, liquid, gas
- four types of nebulae, all with unique gameplay effects: dark, reflective, emissive and planetary
- black holes, pulsars, asteroid belts, moons
- wormholes, one or two-way, with both unstable and stabilized exit points
- a supermassive black hole at the center of the galaxy
- products of advanced civilizations such as Dyson spheres
In addition, galaxy maps have an option to use a detailed information overlay, which allows the player to review more in-depth information at a glance.
Finally, M.O.R.E. will not seek to limit where players can send their ships: with no starlines and the like providing artificial choke points, the options available to players will be greatly enhanced.